Friday, October 14, 2011

A blanket for Little Master J

What a week!!  It's been so hectic around here with lots of kids parties and catching up with friends who I haven't seen in ages (hello Jodi, had a great morning!). 

The kidlettes have also been having some restless nights so I've been pretty exhausted but hubby's home for his few days off now so I'm catching up on sleep and recharging the batteries for the next round.

Enough of that though, I've got another blanket to show you.

How good does it feel to have yet ANOTHER blanket finished!

I really, really love this blanket as I used a completely different stitch to all the other's I've done so far and the result is pretty fantastic.

Would you like to see?

Of course you would, so here it is.....


I used a basic shell pattern in just four colours for the whole blanket and it's given me a couple of different effects.  I used maize, nectarine, a light blue and a darker blue which has created a slightly different colour depending which side of the blanket you're looking at.

The photo below shows the brighter yellow and nectarine colours are dominant.

The next photo shows the more dominant blue side.

The effect is only subtle but you can see it more in this next picture.

I kept the edging very basic, just two rounds of the shell pattern in the darker blue to finish it off and it looks really good.  I'm so happy with it.

I'm currently doing a ripple for my other nephew J and it's coming together really well.  I've been looking at my work over the last year and a half since I started learning to crochet and the quality has improved out of sight.

Some of the earlier blankets I tried different techniques and now I'm getting to find my style and what I like doing.  I'd love to pull some of the earlier work apart but I'll leave that for another time.

The funny news is that I may even have a commission to make a blanket for one of the Mum's in Little Miss R's class at school.  We were chatting about different things at one of the birthday parties when I mentioned that I crochet.  She instantly got excited and said that she wants a particular blanket in certain colours but doesn't know anyone who crochets and that she'd pay me for it!

I was in a bit of shock at first but I'm now warming up to the idea.

Hope you are all having a great week.

xx Susan

No comments: