Monday, May 17, 2010

Busy days

The last few days have been very busy and that's mainly because I'm back at work. The end of the week (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) are my work days so I probably won't be posting too much on those days.

Work was busy but good and then Saturday night we went to our neigbours birthday party and had a lovely time. We didn't stay long, just for drinks, play for the kids and long enough for a nice chat before coming home. The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet too although that really only means Sunday and we're pretty boring and don't do too much on those days.



Monday dawned cool and cloudy so I decided that it was play and craft day with the kids. We made little butterfly puppets on sticks or that was the original intention. We ended up with all different shapes as well as glue, sticky tape and glitter everywhere! It was worth it as the kids had a ball and enjoyed every minute of it (so did mummy!)


(Miss R using plenty of glitter glue because it's 'pretty and sparkly').


(Mummy's is the purple and yellow one but I just had to have some help decorating)



The rest of the day was spent crocheting for me (I finished my first blanket! Yay!) I'll show you more of that next post as I'm very excited. The kids were pretty happy playing with balloons all day. Kim from next door gave them some balloons from her party on Saturday night and it's been one of the best toys out. Luckily only one of the four has busted so far and that caused much devastation so I'm glad the others are holding together pretty well. The kidlettes have been happy playing with the balloons for AGES which of course has kept mum quite happy too!!



All in all it's been a pretty good day doing fun things with the kidlettes and getting lots of kisses and cuddles. It doesn't seem to matter what else is going on in your life but when a child gives you a big sloppy kiss on the cheek and says 'I love you mummy', you realise that things are pretty good.

No comments: