Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

I've been very busy the last few days as I've started at a new salon a bit further drive from where I live. It's a much busier salon so I have guaranteed days and it's really, really busy so I'm always on the go. I'm love, Love, LOVING it!!!

There was much excitement yesterday morning in the house just before I had to go to work as I heard the tell tale sound of a hot air balloon flame. I ran outside to see where it was and was shocked to see it just above the neighbours house. We could easily see and talk to the people in the balloon so I quickly got the kids outside so we could all have a look and a wave which was nearly too much excitement for the kidlettes. I only thought of my camera after it had gone but it was moving quite quickly that we would've missed all the excitement had I run in to get it. Another time maybe (if they ever come past this way again!!)




Today is Mother's Day and unbelievably I didn't have the kidlettes running in early to wake me up. Lovely hubby bundled them in to watch morning cartoons and let me have a sleep in which was divine. The excitement came a bit later when I got out of bed and was ceremoniously given presents and then it was all excitement seeing what I had. Chocolates are a must of course (especially Lindt dark and mint ones: YUMMY!! but I don't think my hips, thighs and bum will be too happy). I also got a pasta machine which I've been wanting for ages and may have hinted at a couple of times (I'm not one of those mums who hate kitchen appliances as gifts, I love anything kitcheny actually!).

The kidlettes also picked out some things to give to mummy and they know me so well as they bought notebooks, notepads and pens. Aaahhh, how I love stationery. I have hoards of it which comes in handy when doing craft with the kids and I'm sure there are others out there who have a little thing for stationery. I'm really not alone, am I???????? I also got some lovely rainbow bath salts and a handprint picture courtesy of daycare that were wrapped up beautifully in the kids artwork and presented with much excitement. I love those presents they make themselves, especially watching their faces as you open it because you know that they're so proud to give you something they made.



While mummy cuddled up on the lounge with her two little ones watching cartoons, daddy cooked a lovely, artery hardening breaky of bacon, beans and eggs. I haven't had a good fry up in ages and it was bloody yummy.



I have to admit that after my mornng coffee, Mother's Day turned into a bit of a fizzer. I'd love to be able to tell you about all the wonderful thing that happened but if truth be known, once the obligatory breakfast is done, hubby usually ends up playing computer games for the rest of the day and pretty well ignores all else. A little frustrating but at least I got to spend time with my kidlettes which are the reason why I'm allowed to celebrate mother's day in the first place. I also made a rally yummy beef and burgandy pie for dinner which all enjoyed and I did get some crochet time while enjoying a beautiful autumn day. It was quite lovely really!!



Kidlettes are now in bed so I'm off to enjoy my usual nightly cup of tea and an indulgent piece of baked cheesecake!

Happy Mother's Day to you all.

No comments: