Sunday, August 14, 2011

Green thumb....

....mmmmm well I'm not so sure about that.

I have a few pots and some seedlings growing but for me that's a huge achievement.

The seedlings have had a bit of a struggle as they got blown over in the wind a little while back.



I ended up shoving all the potting mix straight back in the pots while having no idea if anything would grow and knowing it was all mixed up. 

I am very happy to say that I do have some rocket, spring onions and spinach growing even if it is all mixed up together.


My garlic is still growing well although I really have to find out how long it grows for and when I can harvest it.  I know it will be awhile yet which is why I'm putting off finding out about it right now.  ( I love the half and half watering job the kids have done).


As for the basil, parsley and tomatoes, they're doing really well.  The parsley is struggling a bit because Little Miss R pulled the whole plant out roots and all when I asked her to pick a little bit to put in dinner one night.  I replanted it but it's slowly trying to get back to health.

We've also finally cleaned up the area where the pumpkin vine grew which means I can actually get into the other garden bed now.  I wonder what and if I'll start to do anything with this garden now.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.


xx Susan

No comments: