Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another blanket Ta-dah!!!!

Yes!! I've finally finished another blanket.  This one is for Niece H as part of my Christmas project and I have to say that I really wasn't sure when I'd get this one finished. 

I'd run out of yarn while doing the final row of the blanket and then I couldn't find anymore of the same colour for awhile.  I eventually tracked some down so last weekend I actually got the chance to sit and do some hooking and it was such a happy time indeed. 


So this is the final blanket with a couple of rows of treble around the outside and then a pretty pointy sort of border just to finish it off.  I didn't straighten out the ends of the ripple pattern to make the blanket square, that would've been too hard for me to do right now and I'm not into difficult things at the moment.

I think the ripply edge with pointy bits all along it actually looks great so I'm stoked that I decided to go ahead the easy way!

And this is the final result again, this time out on the line in the bright sunshine to give you a bit of a better look at the colours.  The light in my house is terrible so I decided outside was best.

I've got another project on the go but more about that another day.

Enjoy your day my friends.

xx Susan

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You are doing a fantastic job with all of these blankets. I am equally impressed and amused!! Grandma would be so proud and thrilled. Pop over and see what I've been up to....

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I love checking in on your projects.
Love Kylie